Most people will have some form of savings in place. Savings can be for a specific purpose, like paying for your children’s education or paying off your mortgage early. You may just want to build up a “rainy day fund” that can help you deal with unexpected costs or finance some home improvements, Or you may already have a lump sum that you want to put aside for the future.
With all the savings and investment options on the market today, it can be hard to know which one is right for you. Deposits can be great for instant access to a rainy day fund. However, they may not meet your long-term savings goals or grow in line with inflation.
The most important aspect of investing is to ensure that you are comfortable with where you are investing your money, and how long you have to part with it. Your savings and investments should reflect how you feel about risk, and you should understand exactly where your money is, and what it’s doing for you.
When you choose a savings and investment product, whether it’s a deposit account or an investment fund, there will be a number of different things to consider:
- What kind of access will I have to my money? Some products offer immediate access while others may lock up your money for a particular period.
- Does this product provide an income or capital growth? Some products may be geared to provide regular income along the way, while others provide the opportunity for capital growth.
- What is the associated investment risk? Some products may guarantee to return your full investment while others may involve a risk of getting back less than you put in.
- How will my returns be taxed? The income and/or capital gain you earn may be taxed in different ways, depending on the type of product.
Investments can be complex but getting the right fund for you can make a serious difference to your eventual return, especially for longer term savings and investments. Southeast Financial Services will guide you through the different options available to you. Based on our knowledge of your financial circumstances, your goals and your attitude to risk, we can help you choose a particular product
that will meet your requirements and help you achieve your financial objectives
The financial world can seem intimidating due to the bewildering range of complex products marketed by faceless financial institutions. That’s why we have created sophisticated solutions, presented in an understandable way. Southeast Financial Services will at all times you will be guide through the financial maze to ensure your reach your destination safely.
We believe managing investors’ assets is a long-term assignment and we want to be with you every step of the way.
Our investment approach:
- Reduces volatility in your portfolio through greater diversification
- Provides you with an appreciation of the fundamentals of valuation and the risks associated with the expected return
- Creates better value for you by using modern investment techniques and reducing “hidden” trading charges
- Utilises the use of strategies to provide downside protection and capture the benefits of compounding
Whether you have a lump sum to invest, or are considering an education fund or want to start a regular savings plan, Call us today for more information.
Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.